General Manager posts in any of the government enterprises is a highly reputed job profile and come with a number of great responsibilities. General Manager is responsible for overseeing all the administrative functions in the Department. The major part involving leading & directing the employee’s delegates the administrative tasks such as accounting, payroll & paperwork, and have to deal with issues. The General Manager is also responsible for administrative efficiency, proper procedure of the work, implementation of the policies and work for the employee morale.
Here we discussing all the aspects relating to the General Manager job profile.
What is the Role & Responsibilities of the General Manager ?
The General Manager of the department is responsible for the following duties. The description of the duties & role of the General Manager is given below.
- General Manager is responsible for the administrative tasks of the department and organization.
- General Manager is responsible for the Strengthen the system, procedure of the department & internal control.
- The general manager has to develop plans for studying technological and financial opportunities.
- General Manager has to develop plans, maintain the budgets, and measurement of results resource allocation, progress reviewing.
- A General Manager is responsible for building the image of the organization by collaborating with customers, regulating bodies, government agencies and employees.
- The General Manager is responsible for maintaining quality service by establishing & enforcing organization’s standards.
- The General Manager is the functional head of the various department reports to Chief Operating Officer OR Chief Development Officer.
- General Manager is responsible for the working for the Employee morale and dignity.
These are some of the main responsibilities of a General Manager of an Organization. However, the duties of the General Manager depends on the nature of the department & working.
What kind of Key Skills should have a General Manager ?
Candidates who want to take part in the recruitment process of the General Manager in an organization must have following skills.
- Strong, effective & soft communication skill.
- People coordination & management.
- Financial planning & strategy development.
- Decision making quality.
- Strong knowledge & experience of the Workin.
- Strong knowledge of administrative work.
- Knowledge of the computer applications.
- Familiar with virtual assistance.
Above mentioned skills are some of the common skills that may be followed by almost all recruitment process of the General Manager.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for the General Manager Aspirant ?
Candidates have graduation in the format (10+2+3) in any of the stream from a University recognized by UGC.
Post Graduation & Professional qualification OR CAIIB candidates will be preferred for the General Manager post.
Graduates from Open Universities will not be considered for the General Manager post.
Candidates required to 15 years experience in relevant field ( age should not be more than 45 years) in the relevant department of the recruitment.
What is the Age Limit criteria for the General Manager Aspirants ?
Recruiting organizations set an age limit criteria for the General Manager aspirants. We providing an average limit of the upper age that may be followed by government recruitment process of the General Manager.
The average upper age limit for the General Manager Aspirants: 45 Years.
Age relaxation permissible up to 5 years based on the applicant’s prior experience in the relevant field.
Further Age relaxation (not more than the age of 60 years) will be given based on the profile of the candidate.
Additional age relaxation may also be provided on the basis of the higher work experience in the relevant field of the working.
What is the Salary & Allowances for the General Manager ?
Salary of the General Manager is decided by the higher authorities of the recruiting organization. Salary of the General Manager may be fixed or variable as per the rules.
Other allowances like DA, HRA, Office vehicle with driver & medical also provided to the General Manager as per the direction of the recording body.
What is the Selection Process for the General Manager ?
The selection of the General Manager will be done on the basis of the documents, merit list, and an interview.