The mail Guard works inthe Railway Mail Services of the Indian Railway. The work is related to the Indian Post. The mail Guard handle the work in the Mail van or any of the Railway Mail Service office depending upon the recruitment of the work.
The Mail Guard sort the mail, handle the mail begs while working in their Railways Mail Service office. The Mail Guard is responsible for the taking mail begs to one office to the another and exchange of the mail that transmitted through Railway Mail Service.
Latest Mail Guard Recruitment 2018
|Mail Guard Vacancies Notification|
|Forest Guard Vacancy 2018|
|Odisha Postal Circle Recruitment For Postman & Mail Guard|
What is the Role & Responsibilities of a Mail Guard ?
Candidats who want to join the recruitment process of the Mail Guard must be well aware of the roles & responsibilities of the Mail Guard job. Hwere we providing some of basic role & responsibilities of the Mail Guard post candiodates must read the following points.
- Recving the mails through office.
- Sorting of Parcels for concern adress.
- Packing of mails into begs and distribute them.
- Delevery of the mails to home & business.
- Re sending the wrong addressed mails.
- Collecting the signature of the customers.
- Examine the begs & mails.
- Maintain the record of the incoming & outgonig mails.
- Maintain office Filing system & documnets.
- Attend calls in the office.
- Checking of the attendence sheets.
- Mail Guard is responsinble for trhe sufficien stock avaibality of the stamps.
- Sorting of the mails according to its destinations and distributing mails to the concern address.
These above mentioned responsibilities are some of the basic responsibilities of a Railway Mail Service Mail Guard. However the duties of mail guard may be vary according to the workload and at the direction of the department.
What kind of Skills Required for Mail Guard Vacancy ?
Candidatres who want to join the recruitment process of the Mail Guard and want to join the Mail Guard job must have a multi skilled nature. Here we providing some of the basic and general skill which are required for the Mail Guard job.
- Mutli skilled nature.
- good communications skill both verbal & oral.
- Have a good physical condition.
- Ready to work in shifts & ready to relocate.
- knowledge of office file system & documentation.
- Able to deal with the heavy workload.